Home. Definition courtesy of dictionary.com:
- a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
- the place in which one’s domestic affections are centered.
- an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
- the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
- the place or region where something is native or most common.
In another blog entry, I have confessed to feeling that Spain is “home”. Albany is my “home”, as well as Weedsport, my #5 place of origin above.
The Adirondacks, turns out, are also “home”, and I am homesick for them. We have been locked into Albany for what feels like ages, with weekend commitments keeping us south of Nirvana.
I take umbrage with dictionary.com’s use of the definite article “the” above in 2. THE place where domestic affections are centered? There is only one?